Jobs in Berkeley as Clerk Job 2024
Introduction: Embarking on a career journey in the vibrant city of Berkeley, California, opens the door to an exciting opportunity as a Clerk at ABSMC-Ashby Campus. The position not only promises a fulfilling professional experience but also offers a competitive salary and a range of benefits. In this article, we delve into the specifics of the job, exploring the responsibilities, qualifications, and the unique aspects that make Jobs in Berkeley as Clerk Job 2024 a compelling choice.
The role involves working at the intersection of clerical and healthcare services, centered around ABSMC-Ashby Campus in Berkeley. As a Clerk, your primary responsibilities include collecting and entering patient data, generating vital documents, and maintaining effective communication with hospital staff, patients, physicians, and management. Let’s take a closer look at the job details.
Key Job Details:
- Pay: $28.28 – $35.33 per hour
- Shift and Schedule: 8-hour shift, variable days, and every other weekend
- Location: 2850 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94705
The core of the role lies in clerical duties related to the creation of Birth Certificates. This includes interviewing patients, obtaining medical records, and entering data into the database to complete Birth Certificate Worksheets. The clerk also interfaces with various departments and external entities to process Fetal and Neo-natal Death Certificates, Discharge Summaries, and other crucial documents. The role extends to providing parent education, assisting with Passport applications, and ensuring compliance with state policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Experience: 1 year of recent relevant experience
- Skills and Knowledge:
- English language proficiency with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic math, keyboarding, and computer skills
Work Schedule and Benefits:
The position follows a short-hour schedule, with 8-hour shifts on variable days, including every other weekend. While the role is non-exempt, it comes with a range of benefits such as health insurance. The article provides an insight into the weekly hours, employee status, and the equal opportunity employer status of Sutter Health.
For those interested in pursuing Jobs in Berkeley as Clerk Job 2024, the article offers guidance on the application process, emphasizing the importance of a High School Diploma or GED, relevant experience, and the outlined skills. Prospective candidates are encouraged to explore the details of the application process and the factors that may influence compensation.
In conclusion, Jobs in Berkeley as Clerk Job 2024 offer a unique blend of clerical responsibilities within the healthcare sector. The role not only contributes to the efficient functioning of ABSMC-Ashby Campus but also provides individuals with an opportunity to make a positive impact on patients and their families. If you are seeking a dynamic role with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits in the heart of Berkeley, this job might be the ideal match for your skills and aspirations.
1. What are the primary responsibilities of a Clerk in the context of Jobs in Berkeley at ABSMC-Ashby Campus? The Clerk’s role involves collecting and entering patient data, generating vital documents, and maintaining effective communication with hospital staff, patients, physicians, and management. Specific tasks include creating Birth Certificates, processing Death Certificates, and ensuring compliance with state policies.
2. What is the pay scale for the Clerk position in Berkeley, and are there additional benefits offered? The pay for the Clerk position ranges from $28.28 to $35.33 per hour. In addition to the competitive salary, the job comes with health insurance as one of the benefits. The article provides a comprehensive overview of the compensation package and benefits offered by Sutter Health.
3. What qualifications and experience are required to apply for Jobs in Berkeley as Clerk Job 2024? Prospective candidates are required to have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) along with at least 1 year of recent relevant experience. The article emphasizes the importance of skills such as English language proficiency, organizational abilities, interpersonal skills, and basic math and computer skills.
4. How does the work schedule for the Clerk position in Berkeley look, and are there any weekend requirements? The Clerk position follows a short-hour schedule with 8-hour shifts on variable days, including every other weekend. The article provides detailed information about the job shift, schedule, and weekend requirements, allowing potential applicants to plan accordingly.
5. What is the application process for Jobs in Berkeley as Clerk Job 2024, and what factors may influence compensation? The article guides interested individuals through the application process, highlighting the importance of a High School Diploma or GED, relevant experience, and the outlined skills. It also mentions that compensation may vary based on factors such as experience, education, and organizational needs. Prospective candidates are encouraged to explore the details of the application process for a comprehensive understanding.